uhlsport is a German sporting goods manufacturer

4 November 2020


Risborough Rangers 0 Erith & Belvedere 0 (Risborough win on penalties)
Risborough created history for the second time this season by edging past Step 5 opponents Erith & Belvedere 4-3 on pens after the game ended 0-0. Keeper Jack Brooker saving 2 of the pens. 

uhlsport football kituhlsport Hellenic League

Division One West

Stonehouse Town 1 Thornbury Town 0 (away view)
Stonehouse playing their last game for a while, served up a great feast of football for the 141 spectators who turned up at Oldends Lane tonight.

It was the Magpies who in their first attack where Chris Earle played the ball into the box for Lloyd Gardiner to spoon the ball over from close range. Tim Williams had another good chance after 20mins. A fantastic shot from Nick Humphreys brought out a great save form Mackenzie Welsh in the Thornbury goal. A fairly even game was played out until half time.

After 51 mins a lovely move by Stonehouse where Dan Gittings played through to Tim Williams who under pressure slotted the ball into the bottom corner. Stonehouse were well on top now in the second half playing the best we have seen them this season. A few more chances came their way but the final whistle brought great joy to the Stonehouse faithful as the Magpies completed their second home win on the trot.Several players shone but the defence of the Thwaite brothers, Basana and King were on superb form. Tim Williams probably won MOM but all players were a credit to the club.

Division Two South

Clanfield Development 1 Letcombe 1 (away view)
Clanfield were the better side for the first 35 minutes, and should have scored in the first few seconds. A pass inside the full back left Henry Marcucci with only keeper Danny Joyce to beat, but his lob went wide of the far post. Ben Hummel had a great chance to give Letcombe the lead, but also put his shot wide with only keeper Jacob Poole to beat. Clanfield were quicker to the ball all over the pitch, and deservedly took the lead after 32 minutes when a low cross from the right was turned into the net by Brendan O`Connor. This seemed to spur Letcombe into life, and Josh Fowler went close before he equalised in the last few minutes of the half. His driven cross come shot from a narrow angle wide on the left somehow found its way inside the far post.

Letcombe were a different team in the second half with Aaran Mudie replacing the injured Christy Whelehan, and the visitors dominated possession without creating many clear scoring opportunities. The best chance fell to Chad Abrams, but his shot was cleared off the line. Harry Green replaced Luke Polding and immediately looked dangerous on the left with his pace and close control. The Letcombe defence gave the home forwards few sights of goal, with Nathan Haresnape and Sam Mulvey dominant. Letcombe almost snatched all three points in the closing seconds when a corner found Ben Hummel, but his header was blocked on the line.

On reflection this was probably a fair result. Letcombe continue to look very solid defensively, but need to create more openings going forward. With lockdown looming, who knows when our next match will be.

Division Two West

Malvern Town Development 4 Kington Town 3
Malvern Town Development played the club’s final game before the lockdown for the remainder of November as emerged with a good 4-3 victory over Kington Town in what was an entertaining encounter.

We started very much on the back-foot and couldn't get hold of the ball. Our visitors never let us settle and pressed us well and we couldn't get out of our half. It was our opponents who took the lead when we failed to clear our lines and as the half went on, we grew in confidence, playing some neat football and creating a number of half-chances.

We created a couple of good chances only to be thwarted by the visitors’ ‘keeper, but he was eventually beaten when Adam Sauntson found the net. Moments later we took the lead when Nathan Chowns Higgs made a positive surging run before finishing neatly. As half-time approached we lost possession in a bad area and paid the price as we were pegged back and went in at the break with the scores level at 2-2.

Within a minute of the restart, we found ourselves behind when another mix-up cost us. It proved to be the wake-up call that we needed and we went on to dominate the game. We kept knocking on the door but couldn't find the breakthrough. The opponents’ defence were proving hard to break down but on 82 minutes we drew level when James Febrey headed home from a Louis Loader free-kick. The winning goal came right at the death when Adam Sauntson notched his second goal of the game with a clinical finish.

“This was a great result for us against a very good Kington team,” said manager, Peter Daffin. “We showed great character with everyone working hard for each other to secure this result. We worked hard, especially in the second half, and our fitness levels were very good. It was a physical game and we deserved the victory over the course of the game. We wish Ameer Khan well as he had to go to hospital following an off-the ball-incident, whilst I would like to say a big thank you to the crowd of 90 who gave us fantastic support – we hope that you all enjoyed the game. So, that’s it for the next four weeks at least. Hopefully we will be back in action soon.”