header uhlsport link

9 December

Puhlsport football kitremier Division

Ascot United 4 Fairford Town 2
Ben Harris scored a hat-trick and Trevor Mutero added another as Ascot United finally saw off dogged Fairford Town, who had twice pegged them back. In doing so, the Yellamen scored four goals on consecutive Saturdays, and dragged Fairford back into the relegation mire.

Fairford had enjoyed something of a mini-revival since mid-November with three wins on the trot prior to midweek defeat at Lydney – and those valuable nine points had hoisted them out of the drop zone to 16th place – three points above the Yellamen. However, both Fairford and Ascot had given a masterclass in defensive capitulation during September’s reverse fixture where they shared eight goals, although their recent defensive records are much improved.

The predictably tight affair was indeed level at one-all just before half time, although the home side would score before the break to take a 2-1 lead into the second period. The Yellamen – unchanged from last week – almost found themselves a goal down after six minutes but for the reflexes of ‘keeper Lee Allen in denying George Thrussell. At the other end, Samir Regragui’s deep cross to George Lock ended up at the feet of Harris, who saw his shot on the turn well saved by Ben Mitchell.

However, the hosts took a fifteenth minute lead courtesy of Harris, whose first-time shot mid-stride found the bottom left hand corner after good work by Callum Carlisle. Another flowing move from the hosts saw Harris waste a 22nd minute chance for Ascot after he had raced onto Mutero’s defence-splitting pass, before dithering over an opportunity that was ultimately spurned. Mutero shot narrowly wide once again as Ascot pressed for a second goal, but Fairford defended resolutely and were rewarded at the other end when Lee Smith poached a far post goal eight minutes before the interval.

The Yellamen responded well, and in a spell of sustained pressure leading up to the break, Mutero finished at the far post after Harris had latched onto Regragui’s pass, drove into the box and drilled the ball across the six-yard box. 

Half-time seemed to subdue the hosts and galvanise the visitors, who started more strongly and were rewarded when Callum Preece drilled into the bottom right after Louis Bouwers had initially thwarted Smith. Pegged back once again, the home side responded once more and after 67 minutes the excellent Regragui picked out Harris, and he rifled into the roof of the net from outside the penalty area to make it 3-2. Regragui enjoyed one of his best performances of the season and went one better in the 75th minute. His marauding run drew a foul, and from his own resultant free kick – a wicked inswinger that flummoxed both defence and ‘keeper – Harris nipped in to glance a header past Mitchell.

Harris was replaced in between Jones and Regragui’s exits, prompting well-earned applause from the home faithful – although his replacement Josh Dillon might have scored a fifth had he not side-footed wide late-on after doing all the hard work to create the chance for himself. It still took a headed goal-line clearance from Bouwers to deny Smith in injury time – Allen beaten- but there would be no grandstand finish and 4-2 it remained.

A sterner test may lie in wait when Flackwell roll into town on Tuesday, but for now the Yellamen will bask in another solid win at a time when they needed it the most.

Brackley Town Saints 1 Wantage Town 3
With Joe Ward, Matt Johnson, James Hammond, Chris Jordan, Alex Stott, and Charlie Kille all unavailable Saints manager Gordon Kille once again had to reshuffle his squad for the visit of high-flying Wantage Town. Perhaps because of the forced changes, and concerns over the strength of the opposition, Saints seemed to bring a more defensive approach to the game than their normal positive, attacking style and in the early period it was an even game with neither side threatening to open the scoring.

For the home side a good spell of pressure resulted in a corner in the 23rd minute and as the ball was cleared a Wantage defender appeared to kick out at Saints centre-back Dean March but the referee waved away the shouts for a penalty. Strangely at the next break in play the referee proceeded to caution the visitors defender for his part in the incident that he deemed to be not worthy of the spot-kick.

As the half progressed the visitors took hold of the game and looked the much more likely to open the scoring. With half-an-hour played a Wantage Town free-kick from the edge of the Saints box sailed harmlessly wide and a few minutes later another attack brought a fantastic save from the home keeper, Alastair Worby, diving low to his right and turning the shot behind for a corner. In added time at the end of the first half another chance was squandered by the visitors when the shot was hit straight at Worby but just 2 minutes later Wantage Town took the lead they deserved when an unchallenged Jim Glover struck his shot home from the edge of the Saints area, 0 – 1 Wantage Town.

Wantage started the second half in the same manner that they ended the first, being the dominant side and looking far more likely to score than the home side. Just 7 minutes into the half the visitors did extend their lead when Steve Robertson finished calmly from close in giving the Saints keeper no chance, 0 – 2 Wantage Town.

Wantage came close to a 3rd goal after 68 minutes when Saints defender Dan Middleton deflected a cross towards his own goal but his blushes were spared when Alastair Worby pulled off another superb reaction save. Skipper Lewis Baldwin worked an opportunity for Saints with a good through ball to Ryan Knight with 8 minutes remaining but the home sides attackers shot was saved, however, moments later they did score when substitute Levi Steele's well struck shot flew past the visitor's keeper, 1 – 2 Wantage Town.

Unfortunately for Saints Wantage drove forward from the restart and Steve Robertson's excellent control and turn in the box left him clear to thump home their 3rd and the final goal of the match, 1 – 3 Wantage Town.

Burnham 0 Tuffley Rovers 2 (away view)
Despite a diversion onto an alternative route of travel, due to a motorway closure, Tuffley Rovers returned from their trip to Burnham having kept their performance on course, recording a second consecutive Uhlsport Hellenic League win, in a four day period, helping them move up to ninth in the table in the process. The planned closure of the M4 over four weekends has caused a number of clubs problems in recent weeks, but Mark Pritchett’s squad negotiated their passage to Burnham, near Slough, albeit with a squad shorn of midweek goalscorer Alex O’Leary, the injured Danny Wallington and Brett James, who was unavailable. Dave Evans returned from his long injury lay-off to take the goalkeeping spot filled so capably by Eric Edge in recent weeks, whilst Macaulay Herbert and Cameron Williams were also recalled to the substitutes’ bench, after missing the previous game at Royal Wootton Bassett Town. Burnham, who only avoided relegation last season following Ardley United accepting voluntary demotion, are struggling near the foot of the table again - something of a sad tale for a club who were playing Southern League Premier Division football as recently as 2015 – came into the game off the back of a much needed victory over another Gloucestershire side, Lydney Town, the previous weekend, although they made four changes to their starting line-up, with Dan Gibson, Jordan Dowdican, Ziel Browne and Juan David all included, the latter two making first appearances for a club who had already used 79 different players in 29 games this season.

Rovers were immediately on the front foot, on a difficult, frozen surface that might have been declared unplayable on another day, and their first chance came just 80 seconds into the game, as the recalled Will Emery found himself goalside of his marker, only to skew his shot wide as he tried to shoot across goal. Ashley Bird, still without a goal since transferring from Brimscombe & Thrupp, had been left out of the starting line-up seven days ago, but his performances have received praise from Pritchett and he went close to opening his account after 3 minutes, only to be denied by a good stop from Gibson, after he’d met Shayne Bradley’s cross, following a defence splitting pass from Kieran Alder.

If the opening six minutes had been one-way traffic, Rovers were reminded of the need to be watchful in defence, when Calvin Morgan found space, only to shoot wide of Evans’ goal. Emery had been prominent in the early stages and he almost conjured an opportunity, beating Browne and whipping over a cross that Burnham’s captain, Luke Paris, did well to turn out for a corner. The resultant set-piece eventually found its way to Courtney Hamilton on the edge of the box, but his shot was also deflected away, this time by a block from Brandon Granville. By now, the game was being played in one direction, as Alder, Bradley and Emery all went close, although the hosts occasionally threatened on the break and Evans would have been pleased to see David’s shot, from 25 yards, go well wide of his goal. If Pritchett feared his side might pay for the profligacy too often a feature of his team’s performances, any concerns were allayed on 40 minutes, from the most unlikely of sources. Courtney Hamilton, without a goal since March 2015 and with only two goals in the past 4 ½ years, met Sam Hill’s low cross to the front post with a neat touch that went beyond Gibson and into the bottom corner of the Burnham net. Morgan’s pace had been the biggest threat to Rovers in the first period and he went exceptionally close, with the impressive Joel White blocking a well-struck effort, before Burnham almost levelled the scores on the stroke of half-time, with Dowdigan’s header going inches wide of the goal.

After the interval, Pritchett’s side resumed their dominance of the game and within seven minutes they had extended their lead. Alder, whose quick feet and energy had been a major influence throughout the opening 45 minutes, drew a challenge from Henry Akinsuyi and the referee, Mr Edward Hall, had no hesitation in awarding a penalty, despite protests from the hosts. Warren Mann netted his fourth penalty of the season, with Gibson guessing correctly but unable to keep the ball out of the net. Mann had another chance shortly after, shooting his and wide under pressure from 8 yards out, and then Emery’s pass was almost turned in by Alder, whose shot was blocked by a desperate Dan Wilson challenge, and neither Bird, nor Mann, could force home the loose ball. Burnham’s attacking threat was almost entirely through Morgan and he had their latest chance, on 58 minutes, but Evans was again untroubled, as the ball was driven wide of his goal. He did trouble the Rovers keeper, nine minutes later, but Evans was equal to the task and from the break they almost extended their lead, as Wright’s exquisite pass presented Bird with another chance, only for Gibson to replicate Evans’ endeavours. The luckless Bird then passed up another opportunity, turning the ball wide after he was teed up by Mann and although Rovers were unable to extend their lead, the game took another turn in their favour, as the hosts were reduced to ten men; Kordian Morawski dismissed for a second yellow card, with a poor challenge on Wright earning his second caution on 89 minutes.

Pritchett’s men saw out the closing moments, with neither keeper tested again, and secured three points that moved them further up the Premier Division table, ahead of a Floodlit Cup tie against Brimscombe & Thrupp, who sit five points and two places above them, on Tuesday evening.

Royal Wootton Bassett Town 2 Woodley United 1 (away view)
United gave one of their best performances in recent weeks but came away with nothing due to be punished for two mistakes in the final fifteen minutes of what was an entertaining match with both teams creating chances.

From the off United were positive being caught offside in the opening minute. This was followed by Pele Hagger cross field pass finding Liam Wilson who in turn passed to Jaydon Englefield who saw his shot pushed away for a corner by home keeper Dan Lawrence. Lawrence was again in action in the tenth minute punching the ball clear under pressure from Haydon Richardson following a Sam Guze cross. Alex Reed was called upon to dive full length to concede a corner from Sam Collier in the twelve minute which was cleared for another corner which saw United counter attack and the lively Englefield seeing his shot beat Lawrence only to be cleared of the goal line. Ashley Ledger was flagged off side in another United attack before Collier fired over after eighteen minutes of play. Reed pushed a Harvey Scholes shot over the cross before Englefield made another positive run into the host’s penalty area and shooting.

The opening goal came after twenty six minutes when Callum Samuel-Harman broke free of a square back line to beat Lawrence in the home goal which was followed two minutes later by Lawrence conceding a corner from another Englefield shot and then denying Idris Kamara from the resultant corner kick. Englefield and Collier both fired free kicks over the cross bar followed by the upright denying Dale Richards an equaliser ten minutes from half time and Reed making full length save for another home corner. The half ended with Englefield firing at Lawrence from a Ledger free kick.

The home team started the second half stronger but their first attempt on goal did not come until the fifty second minute when a free kick was fired straight at Reed with United responding a minute later when cross was headed wide by substitute Marvin Hinds. Both Englefield and Callum Samuel-Harman on the left flank enjoyed good first halves being positive in their running at the home defence. The visitors survived a penalty scare against them after sixty one minutes followed by Samuel-Harman’s good run resulting in an over hit cross, Town’s Lewis Waldron shooting wide and Idris Kamara making a timely challenge to concede a corner all in the space of a four minute spell.

The equaliser came on seventy four minutes when United lost possession on the half way line and the resulting attack seeing Reed parry a shot only for Steve Yeardley to poke the loose ball into the net. Four minutes later a United attack broke down and the resultant counter attack saw substitute Ryan Withers score what was to be the winning goal.

United responded strongly with Lawrence denying Hinds and Englefield seeing another shot cleared of the goal line, this time for a corner which was immediately followed by aa second corner when Mitch Cooper’s header was deflected out of play. With the game being stretched Reed denied Collier in a one on one with three minutes remaining, Ledger had a free kick cleared to safety and Joe Barley denied a third home goal with a goal line block as the match entered the ninetieth minute. The final chance went to Woodley’s Wilson who hit the side netting two minutes into stoppage time.

Windsor 1 Thatcham Town 3
Goals from Shane Cooper-Clark 36 and 87 minutes and Liam Ferdinand on10 minutes condemned Windsor to a second defeat in 5 days in the Uhlsport Hellenic League.

An equaliser from Barry Hayles for the hosts on 28 minutes was little reward when a stray back pass saw Hugo Sobte fail to clear the ball and Cooper Clark fired into an empty net to retake the lead within 8 minutes.

The second period saw the home team fighting back but when they were reduced to 10 men when coach Ashley Smith was dismissed for a rash challenge things became increasingly harder.

One East

Chalfont Wasps 1 Virginia Water 2
Wasps stepped up to the plate against high flying Virginia Water and were unlucky not to get something from their afternoon’s effort.

The first action of this reverse of the season’s opener saw skipper Ryan Sweales find namesake Ryan Welsh who shot wide of the left upright. For the next 15 minutes things were pretty level. Wasps then had some great spells of assured passing, movement and teamwork but Water went 1 up after 24 minutes through Lorenzo Di Felice. Wasps responded well. A Mason Wright header hit the keeper then Wright hit the post after another positive yellow and black flowing move. Sam Parry came on. Wright had another half chance following another decisive quick break. Nick Little came on. It remained 0-1 come half time.

Wasps got a deserved equaliser in the 65th minute. Wright bundling in a Josh Urquhart cross at the opposite post. Water then pushed forward, and got their noses in front again after a couple of corners, Di Felice getting his brace. Wasps rallied well and applied a sustained period of pressure – free kicks, corners and long throws. Michael Green came on with 20 mins to go. The match opened up and became more end-to-end. Dan Finch made a great tackle to keep Wasps hopes alive. The final chance came in the 92nd minute, Ryan Welsh’s shot clearing the crossbar.

Chalfont Wasps 1 Virginia Water 2 (away view)
Waters secured their third successive away win on a treacherous pitch, but were made to fight all the way by a dogged performance by the hosts, who’s display did not mirror their current league position.

The first 20 minutes was fairly even, with chances for both sides, but Waters took a strangle hold on the game when Lorenzo ‘Lennie’ Di Felice (MoM) latched on to a Joe McBride through ball, to calmly round their keeper and slot home.

Waters pushed for a second with Adam McNamara, Josh Guichard, Steve Williams, all going close. At the other end, the defence held firm (as usual), with Matt rarely trouble in goal, albeit a volley from distance for the hosts hit the base of the post, with players sliding around in the box to defend.

We needed a quick and strong start to the second half, but it was Chalfont who were the aggressors, and grabbed an equaliser, when we failed to deal with a long cross from the left. To our credit, rather than sit back, we pressed forward, and from a lay off by Sam Devoil, Lennie smashed home our second, and ultimate winner, on 62 minutes.

A few chances came and went for both sides, and whilst the home side may feel they could have had a bit more from the game on their second half performance, it was felt Waters shaded it on chances, and came away with the three points.

Sandhurst Town 4 Didcot Town Reserves 1(away view)
The Railwaymen Reserves made the trip to Sandhurst, one of the most friendly clubs in the league buoyed by recent performances. It is all the more difficult to take then when the day is completely ruined by two hapless officials which robbed the crowd of a competitive encounter and outcome.

No doubt Sandhurst will be happy with the scoreline but they would agree that it flattered them hugely in a game that was even until the officials poor performance took hold. The first clear chance came for Didcot in the 15th minute as Ross MacDonald got on the end of a flowing move and his fine low cross found Keiran Collins powering in to the box meeting it perfectly on time but he inexplicably put the ball past the post with only the keeper to beat. The opening goal was only delayed 4 minutes when a Keiran Collins free kick was headed in to the corner of the net by Lewis Wilcox while under pressure.

In the 24th minute a MacDonald knock down found Alex Marshall but his shot hit the side netting. Sandhurst found their feet in the last 15 minutes of the half and Ashley Stevens made two fine saves in the Didcot goal. Unfortunately Sandhurst's first goal was clearly offside however was stabbed home after a goalmouth scramble with Didcot vainly appealing to the referee. Lewis Wilcox made a fine block as Sandhurst moved forward again.

The second highly debatable incident occurred five minutes in to the second half when MacDonald fired another good cross in to the box escaping the goalkeeper and defence to find Alex Marshall racing in on an open goal, unfortunately he was pushed from behind virtually on the line and for the second away game in succession the Railwaymen were denied a clear penalty by the referee who waived away claims. Tom Stone had a fierce shot blocked. Not long after and the third poor decision came around when Sandhurst pushed the ball home from a clear offside position. (later confirmed by home spectators). This proved too much for Joe Parish who was dismissed for dissent

Despite a chance for Collins which was saved by the home keeper Sandhurst again capitalised on ineffective officiating when again scoring debatably. A fourth goal turned the screws on the Didcot team who deserved at least a share of the points and had several hard working top performances throughout the team.

Sandhurst Town 4 Didcot Town Reserves 1 (report by Arthur Strand)
Sandhurst were at home to Didcot Town Reserves last Saturday at Bottom Meadow in the League. Adjustments are being made because Henley Town resigned from the HFL last week and seasons stats are expunged and the league table updated. This mid-table clash began with Didcot moving forward and running into defenders but the hosts responded and tried hard to get beyond the Dicot defence. Kieran Collins took a free kick seeing the ball into the Sandhurst penalty area. When the ball landed with Sam Green, he pumped the ball upfield for the forwards to chase. After a goal kick from Didcot's end when Sandhurst managed to retrieve the ball, Charlie Oakley took a shot missing by the wrong side of the post. His next chance, provided by Freddie Barron, went straight to Didcot keeper, Ashley Stevens. Kieran Collins broke away and made a shot wide of the target. Sandhurst gained a free kick which Dan Gosling curled perfectly but straight into the arms of the goalkeeper. Kieran Collins ran onto a very useful low pass but his finishing touch went the wrong side of the upright and the tally was still at zero apiece when Collins took a free kick which found Lewis Wilcox who headed the ball in at the post .After a cross field switch, Sandhurst gained ground and Bobby Mitchell began to make his presence felt in defence as did Tom Field who managed to head the ball out of danger, as Sandhurst improved performance.although the next attempt went wide. The home team gained a free kick when Adam Barnard was dumped on the turf and Dan Gosling drew the best from Ashley Stevens. - good save. Dave Hill made an equally crucial save from a worrying cross by Didcot. Then, from out of nowhere, Charlie Oakley pops in a low shot which stemmed from an old-fashioned goalmouth melee. 1 - 1 with 5 minutes of the 1st half left. As the half came to a close, Didcot took a corner kick.

The second half kicked off with Luke Burrows as replacement for Adam Barnard but Didcot made no changes at half time. Didcot wasted no time in reaching the Fizzers penalty area and a high ball was quickly claimed by Hill. He then had a chase on as he sprinted off his line to beat a Didcot forward to the ball one to one. Moving back to the other end, Sandhurst, Charlie Oakley had a shot saved then forced a corner kick. Didcot made a substitution, Jack Hollister replaced Matteus Madeiros. Another Kieran Collins took a free kick which was headed down for Dave Hill to save. Sandhurst cleared the defensive line then caused a corner kick from which nothing ensued Switching from end to end in turn, Didcot were foiled when a raid ran into traffic and Sandhurst wasted a chance to take the lead. A free kick having been taken for Sandhurst, Jon Malone sprinted in towards the ball, giving chase to the maximum. It was then Conor Harlowe's turn to sprint but before much could happen, free kick to Sandhurst. Didcot countered but a great save prevented another goal. 67 minutes gone and Conor Harlowe was close enough to score as Sandhurst took the lead. It was stretched when Dan Gosling added a third goal after the ball had bounced back from having been blocked by the Didcot defence in the 75th minute. As time flew by, Sandhurst worked harder.with swift passing culminating with Josh Mynard finishing to make it 4 - 1 and 3 points to Sandhurst who leap-frog Didcot in the table. With the absence of Henley Town now, the rearanged fixture next Saturday is with Chalfont Wasps.at Bottom Meadow.

One West

New College 2 Letcombe 9 (away view)
This was a result Letcombe desperately needed to get back to winning ways after a recent poor run, but the result was never in doubt as Letcombe scored twice in the early exchanges and were 4-0 up midway through the half, with Harry Monger getting an early hat-trick and recent signing Danny Elvestad getting his first goal for the club. Jack Heggie had his best game of the season with many dangerous runs and good crosses from the right as Letcombe`s recent dry run in front of goal came to an end in emphatic style. Heggie scored to give Letcombe a 5-1 interval lead, the New College goal coming when Shemar Pettet headed into his own net.

The second half continued in a similar fashion with Letcombe adding four more goals. The best move of the match saw Heggie again break clear on the right, and his great cross was finished clinically by Adam Bruce, who added another soon afterwards, Ben Hummel was also on target, and Monger scored his fourth in the last minute to complete Letcombe`s tally. Iggy Ilott had a long range volley turned round the post by home keeper Mason Garland, and Andy Goodchild also went close with a back post header from a Bruce corner. A defensive error allowed Biag Mazzotta to score a second goal for New College mid-way through the half, and it is to their credit that their young side never stopped running and trying, but this was undoubtedly Letcombe`s day, with Jack Heggie their man of the match.

Tytherington Rocks 1 Clanfield 85 7
On a bitterly cold Saturday afternoon on the Hardwicke Field, Tytherington Rocks reached the midpoint of the 2017/18 campaign without any points despite having battling courageously since the opening game of the season.This time the visiting team was Clanfield 85, 3:0 winners when the teams met for the opening game of this season.
Everyone present at the start paid their respects in the traditional way with a minutes silence in memory of John Sansum, a long serving player, supporter and Life Member of Tytherington Rocks Football Club. John died recently after a long illness and will be greatly missed for his unfailing enthusiasm and often vocal encouragement for the team over many years.
Saturday's game followed a pattern that has occurred several times this season. The half time score has been respectable, only to see the opposition move out of sight by the final whistle. Clanfield's opening goal was scored after 12 mins by Ryan Moore following several Clanfield missed chances. The visitor's 2nd score was to be the pick of their goals with a powerful drive from the right of the penalty area by Zac Oliver, on 29 mins.
Clanfield's cross-bar denied Rocks a swift reply on 35 mins but with no further scoring before half time the home team were happy to have limited the tally to 0:2 at the interval. Their hard work, especially in defence, and, despite creating few chances at the other end, seemed to have been rewarded. It took Clanfield 2 mins after the break to add a 3rd goal from Joe Hiscox. The same player finished of some patient work by his team for his second and the team's 4th, on 53 mins. It was to be another 15 mins before Clanfield's Adam Pendle headed in the 5th goal from a corner.
Throughout the game the Rocks players tackled, chased, and defended with a characteristic enthusiasm, and very occasionally showed glimpses of promising play. A series of deflections and mis-kicks resulted in an own goal which might have compounded any other home team's misery but Rocks "never say die" attitude was rewarded on 85 mins when a cross/shot from the rightby Jordan Walker curled into the top left hand corner of Clanfield's net.
However, as if stung by a goal conceded by the visitors, Clanfield added the 7th of their own, courtesy of Andy Barlow, in the 90th min. Although drifting away from any position of safety in the League, the Tytherington team has never failed to compete to the best of their ability for 90 mins, and will hopefully continue to make any team they meet work hard for the points in the second half of this season.

Tytherington Rocks 1 Clanfield 85 7 (away view)
At this stage last season a weakened Clanfield 85 provided the Rocks with their first win of the season but this time the Robins made no mistake and did their goal difference no harm with a comprehensive win over their hosts who remain pointless in the league this season. Clanfield were quickly on the attack but frustratingly missed a number of early chances. Connor Tinsley tried a cross shot which the home keeper saved at the expense of a corner,Jack Payne set up Zac Oliver who shot over the bar and then Oliver set up Callum Miller who shot wide. It was defender Ryan Moore who showed his colleagues how to finish with a shot from close range after good work by Payne, Miller and Oliver. Rocks threatened with a free kick from the edge of the area which Robins keeper Jamie Zoldan comfortably dealt with. More near misses and missed chances followed before a long ball by Moore was controlled by Oliver who made ground and blasted the ball high in to the net in the 29th minute. The home side threatened briefly but it was Clanfield who created and missed a number of chances to leave the halftime score 2-0 in their favour.

The halftime advice was to be more clinical in front of goal in the second half but it was the Rocks who had the first attempt with Zoldan saving a low shot at the foot of the post at the expense of a corner. It was 3-0 in the 47th minute when Oliver's low cross from the right was recycled by Miller in to the path of Joe Hiscock who shot fiercely in to the roof of the net. The same player made it 4-0 in the 54th minute when Moores cross from the right was headed down by Miller and Hiscock finished well with a low drive. The Rocks again worked hard but found the Clanfield defence of Moore, Adam Pendell, Jozef Fullerton and Callum Davies unwilling to yield any clearcut chances for the hosts. With Luke Cooper and Tinsley prompting from midfield it came as no surprise when Clanfield made it 5-0 Pendell heading home a corner by Payne in the 67th minute. Teenager Bradley Evans replaced a tiring Payne and Andy Barton made his first team debut replacing Oliver who had sustained injury in a heavy tackle. Barton fired just over after a corner by Hiscock but the sixth was not long delayed as good work by Miller forced an own goal. Player/Assistant Manager Jamie Butt replaced Davies. With five minutes left the Rocks gained their reward when defender Jordan Walker's run down the right saw his deep cross shot find the net. The scoring was completed in the very last minute when Hiscock's corner was cleared to Barton who sent a low shot in to the net from the edge of the box.

Copyright © 2004 Hellenic Football League & Pat Horsman - All rights reserved . Web Policy - Free Sitemap Generator