header uhlsport link

April 22 2017

bluefin sport insurance

Supplementary Cup Semi Final

Bicester Town 0 Ardley United 3 (away view)
Ardley United progressed through to the Supplementary Cup final with a three goal victory over local rivals Bicester Town but the scoreline was a little harsh to United’s tenants, who for thirty minutes or so gave a real game to their higher level opponents, but two red cards and some clinical finishing from Ardley saw them through to the cup final, to face Tuffley Rovers for the fifth time this season, next week-end at Wantage Town.

Nick Bennion saved early on from Ricardo Benjamin at his near post before Ardley took the lead on twenty one minutes when a throw on their right was flicked on by Troy Bryan and Matt Cruse fired home. On twenty seven minutes Bicester were reduced to ten men when Murray Nicholls was shown a straight red card for violent conduct, and moments before the break Gavin Kidd was desperately close to an equaliser from close range following a free kick. 

However Ardley then doubled their lead when Declan Benjamin skipped away from a challenge out on the left and slotted home past Bicester keeper Nick Lacey. Both sides had good chances after the break but on seventy two minutes Bicester were reduced to nine when Jason Prpa was shown a second yellow and subsequent red. Five minutes later Matt Cruse sealed the Ardley cup final place when firing home from the corner of the box.

uhlsport football kitOne East

Wokingham & Emmbrook 2 Chalfont Wasps 2 (away view)
ray emmans 1000 game in hellenic league 22 april 2017Match official Ray Emmans celebrated his 1,000th match, Steve Nott-Macaire his 100th game for the Stingers and both sides their 26th and final match of the season. Wasps would move from 6th to 5th with a victory.

 Wasps offered the early pressure. A series of free kicks, corners and Brad Holt long throws penned W&E into their box. The pitch was hard and patterns of passing play were sporadic, the ball was seldom in midfield, so an end-to-end match developed. Tom Fifield and Pardeep Ghattoara combined, the resultant shot was blocked. W&E had the height advantage and threatened when crossing into the Wasps box. After 27 minutes, there had not been any incidents of real note. Then Ollie White dribbled into the W&E box from the right, got his shot away and was then upended when scrapping for the rebound. Fifield stepped up and made it 0-1 from the spot. W&E equalised with 3 minutes of normal time to go.

Wasps ‘keeper Mark Sweeney made a sharp stop early on to keep matters even early in the second period. A White shot from a Garluwa Sandy cross was blocked at the other end. A W&E header cleared the cross-bar. The end-to-end pattern continued. Wasps were creating more opportunities, but did not turn these into real chances. Simon Williams came on for the Wasps. Wasps Alex Cairns header flew just off the mark. Sweeney tips another home side effort away to safety. With 22 to go, Wasps got their noses in front. White’s run and pass found Fifield, who stroked the ball into the net, 2-1. Gareth Williams, Wasps first team manager came on in defence – a majestic and composed performance followed. Fifield attempted two lobs that missed the target, the second easier chance should really have sealed matters. W&E then drew level with 4 minutes to go. In the time remaining Wasps nearly bagged all three points. White beat his man and the keeper, but the ball was athletically clear off the line with an over-head kick; then Josh Urquhart front post flick was just about cleared away. Nott-Macaire then came on for the final few minutes to chalk up 100 games for the Stringers! The final action saw W&E clear the cross bar when one-on-one with Sweeney. Honours shared and the Wasps returned to The Nest to watch the end of the FA Cup Semi-Final and enjoy a player’s run BBQ. 


Copyright © 2004 Hellenic Football League & Pat Horsman - All rights reserved . Web Policy - Free Sitemap Generator